Wednesday, March 5, 2014

How to Beatbox


One of my very favorite shows is The Sing Off on NBC.  I love A Capella music but also I have always been amazed by the beat boxers on the show.  I decided I would like to learn how to beat box.
As almost everything else I have thought about learning, beat boxing is a lot harder than I imagined.
I started with a youtube search and found a video of how to beatbox in 3 easy steps.
I was able to make all the sounds he made you practice until the end when he said “Your first basic beat will be …” and then I was lost.  I need a lot of practice.  Maybe if I ever get the first basic beat I will post a video of myself.  =)
I also found a Wiki online – 21 Ways to Beatbox – that I plan to use while learning.
I also bumped into another youtube video in my searching of one of the best beat boxers I have ever heard – Tom Thum.

One day you may see me on youtube with a new cool name like April Adams Apple.
By the way – women have adam’s apples…I had to look that up before posting my new cool beat-boxing name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get the OpenURL of an Item in Primo New UI

I needed to view the OpenURL of an item in Primo New UI so that I could troubleshoot why one of our Alma General Electronic Services (ILLiad...